CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 11, 2009

09/09/09

So, my birthday was a day filled with a lot of craziness. First, My sister brought me some breakfast (which was LOVELY...strawberry and cream cheese muffins).
Then, my mother and Marf took me out to purchase a skirt from the mall.




Marf was very excited to try skirts on, as you can clearly see from her picture.


I can't remember why we were looking melancholy in the picture, but whatever. I did find a really cute black skirt, though.



Next, Bry and I went to lunch with his mom. It was lovely. We ate at Red Robbin, and I had some kind of Asian Rice bowl or something.





Marf had decided that it would be a good idea to try all 31 flavors of Baskin Robbins ice cream, as I turned 31. I have to say that I don't recommend this. Although I was certain of the flavor that I wanted by the end, I had a bit of a stomach ache for a while afterward. It will be a while before I crave ice cream again.









The next event was a pie fight at the park. It was HYSTERICAL FUN!! (However, adding to my aversion to things cold, sweet, and creamy for a while). For those of you who were not in to getting this messy, I have to say that you totally missed out!! It was a scream!












The final part of the day was a movie night with a bunch of people. I don't know what my problem was, but I asked the kids to take the pictures of that event, and there were mostly pictures of the dog, and the treats that were brought, but none of people...so I apologize. We watched "Twilight" with a Riff Track. It was HYSTERICAL!! (For those of you not in the know about Riff Trax, they are tracks that you can buy that play along with movies and make fun of them. They are done by the same people that did Mystery Science Theatre back in the day.) I highly recommend watching that movie that way. And, if your have a husband that didn't originally want to watch it, he would watch it this way. :)
I had a great day, everyone! Thank you for making my AWESOME 09/09/09 birthday amazing!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the idea of 31 flavors on your 31st birthday! And the cream fight looked awesome. Wish I could have been there. Looked like you had a great birthday!! 31 years old, and you look fabulous! Rock on

Melanie said...

Deen! I am so sorry I missed the festivities, and I love love love your ideas--the ice cream, the pie, the breakfast, and let's not forget the skirt! : ) I love that you can't tell who anyone is in the pie pics . . . except for you because you're doing your rock on thing . . .

much love! : )