CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whatever Happened to My Lunchbox...

Last night was INCREDIBLE!! My husband took me to see the John Mayer concert at Usana, and it was AWESOME!!! My husband does not believe that any bit of three hour entertainment can be worth $70 per person, but apperently it is worth that ammount if it makes your spouse happy. I love that man!! He bought tickets for the two of us to see the show for no other reason than because he knew that I would love it--and he was right!! The concert was amazing!


It is always a great experience to see someone who is so gifted share there talent with the world--and the experience is hightened when the performer is brought joy by sharing their craft with the world. John told the audience multiple times how there was very little else that he would rather do than play his guitar on a stage and allow people those moments to forget their troubles, and perhaps gain a new perspective on things. I always find the lyrics to his music profound. I personally like to take time when I listen to his music and re-evaluate the priorities in my life, and remember to see things from another's perspective. He has such an amazing grasp of the English language, and can paint such a poetic, and yet powerful picture with his lyrics. I love the depth of his words.

I don't think that anyone can listen to John Mayer play his guitar and not come away with a new respect for what can be acomplished when one dedicates their life to music. My parents believed and taught my siblings and I that there is much to be learned by studying music, and I have a great respect for those who are truly great musically. I spent much time during the concert just closing my eyes and letting the music soak into my soul--which is something everyone should take time to do. It can be an amazing experience.


1 comments:

CAF said...

You have a super-duper nice husband. Glad you had so much fun!