CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Jack Bauer Way

As the weather finally gets warmer, my hobbitishness starts to show in my lack of shoes, and in my love of things that grow. I love marveling at how a tiny seed soaked overnight in water and planted into the earth can yeild such beautiful and delicious things. I love that my children love to eat the things they have planted and grown themselves, and that the homegrown produce hardly ever makes it in to the house-as it is all eaten as soon as it is plucked from the plant. However, this year, I am forced to take a less loving approach to my gardening as my garden is loosing the battle against dandilions and morning glory. I have spent this year digging dirt out of my raised beds, putting liners in the bottom, sifting through the dirt for weeds and roots, and then putting all of the dirt back into the beds. I have also spent much time with the "Speed Zone" and a pressurized sprayer so as to kill as much as possible. This will be a sad year for this gardener, as it will be spent in death and mayhem instead of in creation, but as we learn from Jack Bauer--sometimes things (mostly people is his case, and mostly weeds and inscets in mine) have to die for the greater good. There is a right way to do things, a wrong way, and the Jack Bauer way--the Jack Bauer way is basically the right way, but faster and with more death. I guess this year, I'm trying the "Jack Bauer" way.

1 comments:

The Munkies said...

i love the jack bauer way...it is my favorite, i love it!