CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Venting at Home Depot

Today I looked for some incecticide at Home Depot. It was to be a brief errand on the way to my daughter's gymnastics class, but somehow things seem to take longer at Home Depot than is reasonable. The incecticide had to be specific--it needed to be safe for citrus trees (as this is where I would be placing said incect poison) and needeed to kill mealybugs and their eggs (as this is what is currently infesting my lime tree). I knew what I had and what must be done because of a man named John who talked to me for probablly 45 minutes on the phone the other day about my problem--which was very nice as he does not know me-nor did I purchase my tree from his establishment. But I digress--the wall on which the incecticides were located was emmense, and there were mulitple types to choose from, however, after reading the labels of five or so, decided that my time was too precious, and my children's patience wearing too thin to stay and read all of the lables. I could not locate an employee of the store anywhere, so I walked to the Customer Service counter, where two young women promptly turned their backs to me and began talking. I said, "Excuse me, is there a way that I can have someone help me over by the incecticides? I have a few questions." One of the girls paged someone, and resumed her conversation about who had never called her back last night. I walked back to the isle, where no one came, so I started reading again. After another five minutes or so, I located my Holy Grail of incecticide--one that was not only safe for citrus, but destroyed both my mealybugs and their eggs. So I took the bottles and headed for the checkout counter--all the while watching to see if anyone answered the apparent page for customer assistance. Does it suprise you that no one ever came?

1 comments:

Poulsen People said...

HOME DEPOT SUCKS!!! THEIR SERVICE IS TERRIBLE! Yes, I have had similar experiences and have changed my hardware store patronage to Lowes. Bless Lowes. :)