CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Bad Mommy Days

Do you ever have those days where you wonder why you chose to become a mother? There are the times where I feel that my children would have been better suited to live with another, more patient and knowledgable parent than I. I guess the question is, Is there anyone who ever really feels up to the task of motherhood? I would love to meet a woman who does, because I have some questions for her. I just cannot believe all of the things that one must do to be a "good" mother, and if you choose one over the other, there is inevedibly someone who will classify you as a "bad" mother for it. And these are for the reasonable things..let alone the times where I loose my temper, or am at a loss as to what I should be doing. I am also continuously suprised at the times when women want to put down another's mothering--are we really all so self-consious about our parenting that we really must put another down so that we feel adequate? Sadly, the answer must be yes, as I see no other explanation for this behavior. I think that the sooner we realise that we are all doing the best with what we are given, and that we all feel unequal to the task, we can help strengthen each other and be there for one another, as I think that we all need support. And if our peers are not our strength, then who is? Motherhood is hard, and anyone who says differently is lying to you. I have enough pressure worrying that I am doing right by my own children without feeling judged by every other female on the plannet. Is there ever a way to stop comparing and to start supporting?

Unless one of you is a perfect mother--and then I would gladly hand my children over to your more than capable hands, as I am at a loss sometimes as to how to help them. It's hard to love someone so much that you want to do a perfect job for them, and somehow still come up short--or be at a loss as to what is the best solution to a problem. I just hope to convey to them that I wanted to do a perfect job as a mother--and know that perfection is what they deserve--and I hope every day that my best is somehow sufficient--albeit flawed.

5 comments:

The Munkies said...

I am a perfect mommy and I will gladly come to your house and tell you all the bad things you are doing...I have been waiting for YEARS for this day to happen...
much love-
capt.jac.sparrow!
ps it's about time you have to deal with a full blown tantrum :)

linsey said...

Amen!

linsey said...

agszi(dena, I was saying Amen to your post-not to the comment left before mine-just so there's no confusion)

Poulsen People said...

Wow, Stef stole my comment ( this is the other Steph BTW). Dena, of course you have seen my perfect motherhood skills. All of my children are perfectly well-behaved and brilliant because of it. Yep.

CAF said...

um. just stay away from meth.

looks to me like you're doing pretty good!