CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 29, 2010

What To Do With The Time That Is Given You

I am very blessed. I have an amazing husband, beautiful and healthy children, a lovely house, an education, friends, and the opportunity to pursue whatever I wish in life. I have been reflecting of late on why it is that I have been so blessed. What is it that separates me from others that have not been so lucky? Is it fate, or perhaps luck? Is it really something that I deserve on my own merit? I believe that the answer to all of these questions is, "No". I am one life experience away from prosperity or disaster. Therefore, what right do I have to do nothing while others suffer? How will I choose to use my blessings? Will I lock them away in my house and provide nothing to others whose circumstances are different than mine? Do I truly believe that my responsibility is to those who are a part of my family only? Am I so prideful that I believe that I am superior in some way to those who were not afforded my life experience? What if it was their own doing that placed them in their current situation....is it really for me to judge whether or not they are deserving of the punishment?

I recently read a book that provided the theme "People who change the world are neither sinners or saints. They are simply people who had the courage to 'Do'". It suggested that when an individual sees another providing for those less fortunate than themselves or engaging themselves a great cause, the individual will call them a "Saint" or "Crazy". This is a form of "passing the buck". If you can rationalize that that individual is different than yourself, then you are off the hook. You can get by doing nothing. If you admit to yourself that people making a difference are exactly like you, than it is also your responsibility to change the world.

If I am a God-fearing woman....than I believe that it is my duty to make a difference because it is what God desires of me. If I do not believe in God...than it is my responsibility to do something because no "supreme being" will be there to intervene on their behalf.

I am a God-fearing woman, and I have come to the conclusion that I am blessed so that I have the opportunity to give. I believe that I will be judged on what I have done with the blessings I have received. 95% of the world's wealth is in the hands of 5% of the world's population....and that gives that 5% a responsibility to the other 95%. Remember, you are one life experience away from being out of that category.

You are always part of the solution, or part of the problem....there is no middle ground.


All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. -Tolkien

2 comments:

gream said...

Easy to play, new experience with online slots games.




Easy to play, easy to open, new experience with online casinos in your mobile, you can enjoy the game with no hassle, one new option, the best channel to experience the exotic fun casino site. สล็อต The best online gambling games, the widest selection of betting games, the widest selection of online gambling opportunities, and the most popular online gambling games. Everyday, with the experience of betting in this area, we have fun activities that we offer to the player

to create a new happiness by themselves, there are games for you to play many other sites have money. We welcome more than 30 million people to welcome you with the willingness to enjoy the game, the fun activities that open the fun way to play many people are interested in. One of the fun ways to have fun is to play with a variety of gambling and enjoy all kinds of fun in this area. สล็อตออนไลน์ Enjoy the game with the willingness to enjoy the view of gambling era is very good, enjoy 24-hour service without any holiday.

kold_kadavr_ flatliner said...

Amen, sis.
Exactly why only 2 eternities
left after we perish:

Coming to my BIG-ol,
John Belushi, party-hardy,
extraordinary-exponential-exactly
Seventh-Heaven which is
eternal pleasure-beyond-measure?

Do you...
1) love God?
2) love your neighbor?
Cya Upstairs.