CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spying on the Neighbors

Ya know...I am having a deal with people of late. I try very hard to do what I believe is right in this world. I may not view the world in the same way that everyone else does...and I have the right not to. I absolutely respect that other people may not think the way that I do, however, I deserve the same respect.

Lately there has been a lot of gossip about me and my family. It is really starting to be annoying. The people who are involved have no idea what the actual situation is, and have not had the decency to just to come out and ask me what is going on. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are not just coming to me and asking me what is going on because they may just learn that there is nothing to gossip about, and then I have taken their fun away.

I taught a class on "Beauty and the Beast" to a bunch of High School students over the summer. We had a discussion about the "boxes" that people are unfairly put into. Everyone has them, and everyone feels unfairly judged when they are put into them. I wish that people would weight the impact that stupid gossip has on a person against the fun that it is to tell a story that they do not fully understand. My husband always says, "Seek first to understand, then to be understood". No one wakes up in the morning and says, "You know what I am gonna do today? Suck!" Everyone does what they think is best. Everyone makes decisions that they believe are right. Just because you might make a different decision, does not make other's decisions wrong.

Sorry about my ranting...it has been a rough couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Do you want me to "take care" of the gossip situation? You don't need to know the details of how this will be done, I just need you to say yes or no. ;) heeheheh

MStevenson said...

Except for how does that work when I'm always right?