CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ethan's Baptism


Ethan (my oldest son) was baptized on Saturday. Despite multiple glitches, including a near broken foot from my husband, FIVE accompanists in a 24hr period, people showing up late, and Bry and I forgetting to pack an extra pair of underwear for Ethan, everything eventually came together and Ethan was baptised. I was surprised at how stressful the entire event ended up being for me. I was really looking forward to a nice, stress-free day, but I guess that that is never really the mother's lot.

The actual baptism went very nicely. My parents had brought some water from the Jordan River in Israel back with them, and before the baptism, they put it into the font so that Ethan could be baptized in a little piece of the Jordan River. Ethan very nearly had to be baptized twice, as his foot came out of the water, but the witnesses agreed that he was indeed under the water completely at some point. Despite the many things that had gone wrong initially, it was very nice to be reminded of why we are here--which I don't know about you, but I need reminding of now and again. I have a tendency to get caught up in the details and loose sight of the big picture, as was nearly the case with the baptism. In the end however, if nothing else, I was able to re-focus--if only for that small moment, and remember what is really important in our lives, and stressful day or not, it was worth it!

7 comments:

gretta said...

wow I can't believe that Ethan is 8 he will always be in sunbeams to me>

T.A.T.I Crew said...

What a handsome little man.

CAF said...

Those are wonderful photographs. Make that kid get a modeling job and start to earn his keep! ;)

The Munkies said...

i guess i should have warned you of the stress...much much worse with girls! good luck, i only have 1 left!

Marf said...

It was a great day and it did come together well! Whoever is married to the photographer of those photos is a lucky girl!!

Annie said...

Congratulations Ethan and family!! What a special day :) So cool about the Jordan River! Love you guys :)

Tinkerbell said...

He looks adorable. Congrats Ethan!