CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Karma (and Dogma) of Jr. High...

As has been aforementioned, I have a cat, and a dog. Watching their interactions takes me back to my Jr. High days. Imagine a seventh grader--one that is really needy and thinks that there could be nothing in this world quite as amazing as being friends with a really cool ninth grader. The seventh grader spends an unreasonable amount of time following the ninth grader around and trying to be the ninth grader's friend. (This is what I like to refer to as "love-me-or-I'll-die" disorder.) The ninth grader, for the most part, ignores the seventh grader, until they get too close, or just too annoying, and then lashes out at the seventh grader, saying something really hurtful to the sensitive seventh grader. Now, in your mind, replace the seventh grader with my dog, and the ninth grader with my cat, and the bit about saying something really hurtful with hissing, growling, and wacking on the nose, and that about sums up Chloe and Precious's relationship. Maybe I should ask a Jr. High teacher how best to handle my cat/dog situation...

2 comments:

Marf said...

Cats are evil. If you died in your house they would eat you.

The Munkies said...

Chloe thou hast peed on my floor for the fort-night, thou hast cried at thine door many moons, thou hast drooped thine ears lower than dust, thou hast needed more needing than most.
ps Precious will eat you for dinner and then spit you out and eat you again! You should not locker with her...